Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine Cards with box

I didn't have enough time to think about designing a gift I needed to send to another demonstrator, so I purchased a tutorial from Chat Wszelaki at Me, My Stamps and I.
It was a lot of fun to make this, but I didn't have enough Pool Party paper.  I had quite a time working out a different color scheme that used at least a little bit of the new Pleated Satin Ribbon and a few other Occasions Mini items.

Here are close ups of the cards and box.


The color scheme for this project is Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo and Baja Breeze.

The Designer Paper heart was die cut with a heart from the Framelits Hearts Collection

The little hearts are cut with the Small Hearts Punch.

The embossed hearts were done with the Adorning Accents Embossing Folder.

I used Twitterpated Designer Buttons from the current Occasions Mini Catalog.

The gorgeous Pleated Satin Ribbon (Baja Breeze) is also from the Occasions Mini Catalog.


I used Melon Mambo Dotted Scalloped ribbon on this card.

The big heart was die cut with Framelits Hearts Collection, the Baja Breeze heart was punched with the Full Heart.  I did not have the right size heart to go behind the stamped heart, bit it really needed a dark border to set it off.  After much experimentation, I decided to use a strip I punched with the Pinking Hearts Border Punch.  I cut that strip as narrow as I could, then snipped every 1/16" or so, and wrapped it behind the edge of the heart.

The polka dot paper is from the In Color Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack.

I guess you know how the embossed hearts were done by now!



The flower on this card is made with Small Heart punches that were folded in half and then 2 hearts placed folded edge to folded edge.

That is another design from the Twitterpated Designer Buttons.

The pretty embossed edge was made with an Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.


The embossing on this card was done with another design in the Adorning Accents Embossing Folder set.

That is the Small Heart Punch again.













Finally this is the box.


I used 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon in Blushing Bride which seems to blend in OK.

The hearts were punched with the Full Heart punch.












I made this to send to my niece.  I used Pool Party, Blushing Bride and Real Red, the colors that were used in the Tutorial.



I used the Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon for this card.













 


I was sending her a little Valentine gift, so I made a decorated pocket with a Framelits Hearts die.  I found a leftover stamped heart in my leftover pile so layered that on the red heart.

I glued it to the top inside of the card so she will have a little surprise when she opens her card!

Well this took much longer than I thought it would!!  I don't know how those bloggers post all the things that they do.  I am pretty sure they don't own their own full time business!

Happy Valentines Day!
Phyllis

2 comments:

Nicki S said...

Hi Phyllis! I just love these V-day cards! The color combo is great :)

I'm so glad to see that you are posting more on your blog now!! I am in the process of re-designing my own blog....can't wait to finish!

Kathy said...

I love your Valentine's day cards -esp the ones with the four hearts on each square! Your new blog header is very nice too - your blog looks very easy to navigate.