Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tea Shoppe - Freshly Made Sketches #23 Challenge

This is one of those cards that started off as one thing and ended up as something else.  I love the colors on the February page of my kitchen calendar.  In Stampin' Up! colors they are Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Old Olive, Certainly Celery and Early Espresso.  I had most of the card done, but the layout just was not coming together for me.  Then the Freshly Made Sketches #23 Challenge landed in my email box, and voila!, there was the sketch I needed. 

Tea Shoppe - Freshly Made Sketches #23
Stamp Set:  Tea Shoppe

Cardstock: Early Espresso, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery, Whisper White

Ink: Craft Old Olive, Classic So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Craft So Saffron

Accessories:  Pearls Basic Jewels,  1/8" Taffeta Ribbon - Old Olive, Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Perfect Polk Dots, Sizzix Die - Doily, Stampin' Dimensionals, Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack

I made my own design background paper by stamping the small flower from the Tea Shoppe set with Craft So Saffron Ink on Riding Hood Red cardstock.  The doily is die cut from a page of polka dot So Saffron Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack.  Not sure if you can see it but I fussy cut the large tea cup and adhered it to the Perfect Polka Dots embossed Whisper White cardstock.  Note: This is a 5 x 7 card.

Here is the sketch:
Click here to go to the Freshly Made Sketches site to see the other entries.
 Hope you had time to stamp or be creative this weekend!

Phyllis

5 comments:

Janet Mills said...

I Love this card, the colours and design are perfect.

Tui Nathan said...

A beautiful card ... love these teacups all dressed up in their pearls .... that doily addition is a perfect complement of colour!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful teacups! All dressed up for tea!

Jen Timko said...

This is such a great use of the sketch. What wonderful use of the pearls! Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

My Creative Side said...

This is beautiful!!!!!! I love the teacups!!