Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My favorite 2011 Christmas cards

These are my three favorite Christmas cards I made this year. 

I loved the Stitched Felt that was in the Holiday Mini Catalog, but now it is gone unless it shows up in the Clearance Rack at some point.  I challenged myself to use them, instead of hoard them.  I almost succeeded.  You saw the snowflakes the other day, and today I have cards made with the mittens and the wreath.  I never did use the Holly...

The other day I said that the Holly Berry Bouquet was my favorite Designer Series Paper but I think I loved this paper just as much!!  It is the Frostwood Lodge series, and I was happy to see some traditional Christmas colors.

I used Garden Green cardstock for the card base and Cherry Cobbler for the background layer.

The two scalloped die cuts were cut with the Sizzix Perfect Pennants Die, and layered with circles. 

The pleated green piece is Garden Green cardstock that I scored on my Stampin' Up! Simply Scored Scoring Tool, and then folded into pleats.  

I wrapped it with Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine.

Close up of Stitched Felt
The sentiment is stamped on a Modern Label Punch, which is layered on a Modern Label Movers and Shapers Sizzix die cut.

Here is a close up of the focal piece.




I used the Stitched Felt Wreath on the next card.  This time I used Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper.


 I layered Cherry Cobbler cardstock on the Wild Wasabi card base.

The Whisper White layer was embossed with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

I punched 1-3/8" squares from the Designer paper and layered it on the cardstock square to resemble a window.
The Cherry Cobbler quilted satin ribbon is ruffled onto a strip of Sticky Tape.  I am sad to say it is no longer available.  I think it would have been pretty for Valentines.
This is the final favorite card!!  I cannot take credit for the design - I cased it from Chiaki Haverstick at www.stampinpro.com.  I used the Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper, again.



My favorite thing on this card is the paper medallion under the image!  I used my Stampin' Up! Simply Scored Scoring Tool to do that which made it easy peasy to do.  The scallop was made with the 2-3/4" Scallop Circle punch. I die cut the scalloped borders with the Sizzix Tasteful Trim die.  Those glitzy dots are the new Dazzling Details - an iridescent glitter glue from Stampin' Up!

Talk to you again soon!
Phyllis

No comments: