Monday, February 6, 2012

Stampin' Up! Christmas Cards 2011

I am going to post Christmas Card samples I made this year, but was too busy to post during the Holiday season.  I noticed that some of my favorite bloggers are doing that, so if they are OK with it, I am, too! 
Most of the product is retired, so I am not going to list many details.  If you have a question, just shoot me an email.

This was one of my favorite sets - Christmas Lodge.  I stamped the image with Early Espresso classic ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and layered with Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, and Whisper White.  I used a Signo white gel pen for the snow on the lodge and mica flakes  for snow on the ground. Coloring was done with chalks for a muted effect.  The textured background on the white cardstock layer was done with 119976 Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder which is still available.
Christmas Lodge Stamp Set 

My favorite Designer Series Paper in this catalog was the Holly Berry Bouquet.  I loved the glitter and dimension of the stripe, polka dot and snowflake patterns.  For this card I used the glitter stripe and polka dot papers  I wanted to showcase the glitter so I used a small stamp from the Perfect Punches stamp set 120516 which is in the Idea Book & Catalog.  I punched a cricle background from Red Glimmer Paper 121790, also still available. The scallop edge layer was die cut with the Perfect Pennant Sizzix Die 123126.
Perfect Punches Stamp Set


This is a close-up to show the glitter








































Well that is it for today.  It took far too long because I am new at this, so there is a lot of trial and error going on here!
I will be back tomorrow with more cards, I think it will go faster.
And I dont know where all that space is coming from...
Happy Stamping,
Phyllis

No comments: