Monday, January 24, 2011
Sew Suite & Sweet Stitches DSP download - a great way to use those MDS downloads - print your own Designer Series Paper!
Some of my favorite Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper with large images on it is oversized for cards such as the Flower design in the Sweet Stitches Designer Paper. .
So I decided to make my own paper with Microsoft Word. Here is what to do:
1. You need #122170 Sweet Stitches Designer Series Paper My Digital Studio Download from Stampin' Up!
2. Open a new document in your Word Processing Program.
3. Insert the Flower .jpg from Sweet Stitches Digital Download.
4. Resized it to get the size flowers you want. Test by printing in grayscale and checking if it is the right size for your card.
5. When you like how it looks, crop off all the rest of the "paper" to make a 4" and 5-1/4" "piece".
6. If you want more cards, copy this image and paste it up to 3 more times to use up the rest of the 8-1/2" x 11" piece of whisper white cardstock.
7. Print in color on Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock or good quality copy paper.
8. Cut it to the size you need. I cut mine to (3 3/4" x 5") so that I would have a 1/4" border when I mounted it on a Daffodil Delight cardstock.
This also solves the problem of only two "flower corners" per package of " real"DSP. You can print as many as you need!!
Supplies - all by Stampin' Up!
Stamp Set: Sew Suite (121933 or 122009)
Cardstock: Whisper White,Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Pom pom trim - Tangerine Tango (123323), Fabric Designer Brad (121880), Basic Rhinestones (119246), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)
You can buy these supplies at my Stampin' Up! website here:
Posted by Phyllis Strickland at 4:24 PM