Monday, March 31, 2014

Stampin Up Happy Watercolor stamp set is perfect for a Tent Card

I resisted buying the Happy Watercolor stamp set because I have so many flowers.  Surely I didn't need another set of flowers.  Then there was an article in Stampin' Success, the magazine for demonstrators, which showcased this set with a Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana color scheme, flowers colored with the new chalk marker, and gold embossed doilies.  That was it, I had to have it!!  A few days later when I ordered supplies for my Sale-A-Bration workshop, this stamp set found it's way into my order!    I used ideas from the article to come up with my own projects with the goal of designing a WOW card that would not take too long.

My first idea was a Tent Card,  but it was too time consuming for the amount of time and number of people.  I love the card, so here it is.  I will show the final project tomorrow.

 This photo shows the side view and how you look through the frame to see the image.

Stampin' Up Supplies:
Stamp Set: Happy Watercolor
Cardstock: Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories:  Paper Doily, Gold Baker's Twine, In Color Boutique Details, Versamark Ink Pad and Gold Embossing Powder, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (2014 Sale-A-Bration), Circle Framelits

I am so sad to see the Decorative Dots Textured Impressions Folder go away when Sale-A-Bration ends.  It has been one of my all time favorites. 

Rubber Hugs,

No comments: