Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A special handmade Valentine card for special friends

I was so excited for the Stampin' Up! Banner Blessings Photopolymer Stamp Set because it has 4 versatile sentiments that fit many occasions. The "A Friend Loves At All Times" sentiment is perfect for a special Valentine and goes so well with the many Valentine / Love / Heart related items in the Stampin' Up! 2015 Occasions Catalog.

This card features the Happy Hearts Embossing Folder and Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper as well as some punches from the Annual Catalog.  I used Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo (1 row of hearts) and Pirouette Pink in my color scheme.


I used a lot of hearts - Hearts Border Punch, Sweetheart Punch, the heart from Itty Bitty Punch Pack, and the heart die from the Circle Card Thinlits Die.   I used the Sweetheart punch to punch the big heart from the Stacked with Love DSP and then cut a small heart in the middle with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack heart.  This made the perfect frame for a heart in the embossed background.

I stamped the sentiment on a strip of paper that is slightly narrower than the Note Tag Punch and then punched the end shape.  This is layered on Cherry Cobbler that also was punched with the Note Tag Punch but I did use the technique to make a longer tag. 

I used some other goodies to add Valentine flair - Tea Lace Paper Doilies that I sponged with Pink Pirouette ink, a Red Glimmer paper heart, Basic Rhinestones, and Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine.

I am entering this card in 3 challenges:



I am entering this at SU-Only Challenges blog for
Challenge #115 - Valentine Wishes
   
It also fits the The Card Concept Challenge #27 Love in the Clean and Layered Category 
  
Love and Valentines are the big theme this week so I also entered the Stamping Royalty Challenge #264 Love/Valentines challenge.

Wouldn't it be awesome to win one?  It's been a long time since I entered a challenge.

Be sure to stamp something today!
Rubber hugs,





5 comments:

Karen Oliver said...

Your card is beautiful. I love all the little details and the embossing is just gorgeous. A really pretty card.

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh, I love all of the elements that you have incorporated into this fabulous card!! All of the hearts are perfect for Valentine's Day and the layered sentiment looks fantastic as well :-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges and The Card Concept!

laurie said...

What an awesome card! I love all the details...the tiny hearts are so sweet. Thanks for playing along at The card Concept!

STASIA SLOMA said...

Love your card. Just beautiful. Thank you for taking the stampin royalty challenge

Connie Babbert said...

Love the hearts placed in the embossed hearts! And, love that greeting! Great card! Thanks for playing along with the Valentine Challenge this time on SUO Challenge!